Friday, September 28, 2007

On The Road Again

We picked J up early from school a little early today so that we could begin our long long drive into Arizona. We spent the whole afternoon, and then some, in the car today. The kids were so ready to get out of their car-seats.

To backtrack a little, I sneaked in a little early into J's class and managed to catch this exchange.

J's teacher, Miss Sara, was talking about different types of fruit with the class and had got to lemons. "Are lemons nice? Noooo, they're sour."

Then J alone, out of the whole class, piped up loudly, "BUT LEMONADE IS NICE!!!"

Cracked me up.

Then as J and I were leaving, he asked me again where we were going, and when I told him the Grand Canyon, he shouted to everyone from the door, "BYE, EVERYONE! I'M GOING TO THE GRAND CANYON NOW!!!"

Cracked me up again. Even as I was trying to shush him.

We caught a beautiful sunset during the drive, all oranges, pinks, purples. Spectacular enough for J to notice.

We are now in cowboy country. Evidence: our hotel room tonight has framed photos of John Wayne and Roy Rogers.

No comments: