Sunday, May 11, 2008

For Moments Like These

My favourite Mom moments:

1. When J tells me, periodically throughout the day, "Mom, I love you", sometimes accompanied by a kiss. I will never tire of hearing it. (Not to be outdone, E echoes him now. All the better for me.)

2. When E climbs into bed with me in the morning, snuggles into the crook of my arm and pulls my arm to wrap it around herself. She fills a space I didn't know was there before.

3. When J tells me, "Mom, I want to marry you next time"; he gets upset if I tell him he can't. He'll figure it out soon enough, so I don't burst his bubble anymore.

4. When J and E put K's and my shoes on, and in so doing take on our personas as well. J calls E Fiona or honey. And E calls J ah-nee kor.

5. When the kids join in our good-night prayers. Last night, J thanked God for Target, seeing toys and watching the train. All I could make out from E (who insists on praying lying face-down on the floor) was "Peeh God..... (then she mumbles for a couple of minutes!)". I trust that God will figure out her baby talk!

Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

joanne said...

that is really sweet! these moments are God's little reminders to us moms we're doing a good job! let's get together in some of those places i mentioned when you get back!